[Xymon] Logfile not accessible

Root, Paul T Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Wed Jan 7 22:46:49 CET 2015

My guess is that the xymon user doesn't have permissions in one of the directories in the tree.

Do an  "ls -l /opt /opt/mysql /opt/mysql/log-error"

-----Original Message-----
From: usa ims [mailto:usaims at yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2015 3:27 PM
To: xymon at xymon.com
Subject: Logfile not accessible

Hi,

Lately I've been having a problem with one log file, it goes from green to yellow almost every 3 to 5 minutes.

I'll get 'Logfile not accessible'. The logfile is  in '/opt/mysql/log-error/xxxxxx-error.log'

It exists, it has 777 permissions, it is constantly being written too, it is only 52 mgs.

I have restarted xymon-client on the server.

Here is the rest of the error:
Full log /opt/mysql/log-error/xxxxxx-error.log
Cannot open logfile /opt/mysql/log-error/xxxxxx-error.log : No such file or directory

Here is the 'ls' command on it.

-rwxrwxrwx 1 mysql mysql 54394406 Jan  7 16:23 /opt/mysql/log-error/xxxxxx-error.log

Thanks in advance.

This communication is the property of CenturyLink and may contain confidential or privileged information. Unauthorized use of this communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the communication and any attachments.