[Xymon] XymonPowershellClient RRD collect graphing long mountpoint names

Gavin Stone-Tolcher g.stone-tolcher at its.uq.edu.au
Thu Feb 26 02:10:17 CET 2015

I think what to do with very long mount point names is going to be an issue.

I have a suggestion for Zak that he might consider.
You could use the "Label" in the "Mounted" field rather than the Filesystem, if the Filesystem is not a single letter driveletter (i.e not a mount point).

It seems that most people, like the example below, use short unique Labels for their mount points. This could make RRD collection/graphing work more reliably?

Cheers
Gavin Stone-Tolcher, IT Support Officer, Network Operations and Incident Response
Information Technology Services
The University of Queensland
Level 4, Prentice Building, St Lucia 4072
T: +61 7 334 66645, M: +61 401 140 838
E: g.stone-tolcher at its.uq.edu.au<mailto:g.stone-tolcher at its.uq.edu.au> W: www.its.uq.edu.au<http://www.its.uq.edu.au>

ITS: Service. Team. Accountability. Results.

IMPORTANT: This email and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s), contain copyright material and are confidential. We do not waive any legal privilege or rights in respect of copyright or confidentiality. Except as intended addressees are otherwise permitted, you do not have permission to use, disclose, reproduce or communicate any part of this email or its attachments. Statements, opinions and information not related to the official business of The University of Queensland are neither given nor endorsed by us. By using this email (including accessing any attachments or links) you agree we are not liable for any loss or damage of any kind arising in connection with any electronic defect, virus or other malicious code we did not intentionally include.

CRICOS Code 00025B