[Xymon] rrd logs and graphs

Vernon Everett everett.vernon at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 06:46:26 CET 2015

I am getting those sporadic .rrd files in spades. :-(
Sometimes, only a single data point in the file. But enough files, and your
graphs start to look like crap.

Tomorrow I am off to a client where it's happening all the time.
What can I send you to assist with investigating?

I am trying to figure out if it's a bug in Xymon, or a bug in my script.
So far I have no evidence to support it being either.

Regards
Vernon

On 24 February 2015 at 13:14, Jeremy Laidman <jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au>
wrote:

> On 14 November 2014 at 14:43, Vernon Everett <everett.vernon at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Am busy trying to investigate a curious problem with rrd graphs, and I
>> stumbled on something else I don't understand, and was hoping somebody out
>> there could help.
>>
>> As part of my investigation, I added --debug to the [rrdstatus] and
>> [rrddata] entries on the server tasks.cfg
>> And the logs started showing heaps of the message
>> 2014-11-14 10:41:36 Peer not up, flushing message queue
>> What is that?
>> It doesn't look right to me.
>>

> It's usually normal.  See Henrik's response to a similar question:
>
> http://lists.xymon.com/archive/2014-April/039461.html
>
> Except every now and then, I get something like
>> zmem,c2t0d1.rrd
>>

>> Has anybody seen anything like this?
>>

> Yes.  It's puzzling, but rare enough that I haven't had time to
> investigate.

"Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory"
- General George Patton