[Xymon] Packaging, release of Terabithia 4.3.18 RPMs, and more

J.C. Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Sat Feb 7 10:49:23 CET 2015

Hello all,

After internal testing, I've moved the Terabithia xymon 4.3.18 RPM
packages into the live repository at http://terabithia.org/rpms/xymon/.
Packages are available for RHEL/CentOS 4 - 7, and Fedora 18 - 21, along
with fping v3 packages for some of the older releases.

For those who had been tracking the /testing/ packages, there is little
additional change since the last release... But for those who'd only been
installing the stable packages, there have been *significant* deltas in
the past year. Although we're using them in production here on our central
servers (~4500 msgs/s!), I'd encourage very thorough testing before
updating in your environment.

I do want to take this time to reiterate that these RPMs were never
intended to be seen as "official" Xymon packages... and that THIS
CONTINUES TO BE THE CASE. At the moment you should consider 4.3.18
existing solely in tarball form, downloadable from
https://sourceforge.net/projects/xymon/.

That being said, I do hope that many of the bug fixes, QoL improvements,
and some isolated additional features will make it into the 4.3.19
release, and converge even more into 4.x as time goes on.... so the more
people pounding on this code the better. :)

I'd also like to encourage us to make a little more use of the
xymon-developer mailing list for patch-level discussion and code review,
leaving this primary list a little more general in scope. If you're not
already subscribed to that, you can do so at
https://sourceforge.net/p/xymon/mailman/xymon-developer/

Regards,

-jc