[Xymon] Feature request: safe logfetch

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Fri Dec 18 07:31:14 CET 2015

On Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 4:40 PM Thurston, John R (DOA) <
john.thurston at alaska.gov> wrote:

> Better, this behavior should be disallowed by default and enabled only by
> explicit action on the client. If you control the client, then it will be
> no big deal to enable on each host. If you don't control the client, then
> it should default to a closed configuration.

I would agree, if backticks were a new feature.  But we don't want to break
things for installations that make use of this.  Perhaps change the default
for a major release?

Also, I think the "secure" form of execution should be enhanced to be able
to do globbing.  In that way, many people will be able to convert from this:

  file:`echo /var/log/*/somefile`

to this:

  file:/var/log/*/somefile

without executing anything.