[Xymon] your opinion on Xymon HA (or dual server config).

Randall Badilla Castro rbadilla at grupocesa.com
Tue Dec 15 23:11:30 CET 2015

Hi:
The new site administrator has been happy with the simplicity and
usability of Xymon.
Then have asked for more changes over our actual config.
Currently I have one (kind of resource limited) Sparc V210 as xymon
server. But have find out then sometimes the apache or xymond process
coredump by some mistakes or changes. Sometimes we notice when this
happen so just restart the process or server. But when the problem
arises and we don't notice the problem; after 8 hours there is a lot of
rrd data that can't be showed. (We can't send sms or emails out of the
site domain).

So my boss have asked to make an another xymon server; to workout
changes on one and keep the other with the older config till the new
changes are "stable".
I have read the HA section but I'm unsure that can justify a cluster. So
my question is if I have two xymon servers with the same config and tell
the clients that report to both of them; can this scenario accomplish
the task ?
I think that my boss is requesting a kind of pre-production/ production
config. So I though two same config servers fit the scenario or must use
the cluster ??

Any input is welcome!

Thanks a lot!

--

CONFIDENCIALIDAD - La información contenida en este mensaje es confidencial

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT - The information contained in this message is
confidential and intended only for the addressee. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient you are notified that any
dissemination, distribution or copy of this message and attachments (if
any) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this in error, please
immediately notify us by reply email, destroy all copies and remove from
all media.