[Xymon] New to Xymon

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Fri Aug 28 16:15:26 CEST 2015

You only need a client on hosts where you want to monitor things like disk,
memory, CPU and other "internal" states and metrics.  External states, such
as whether a web server is responding to connections on port 80, can be
tested by the Xymon server without any client installed on the host.

Terabithia has a "xymon-client" package that you would install on a host
(unless it's the Xymon server, in which case you don't install xymon-client
because it's already included).