[Xymon] Syntax checking function

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Thu Aug 27 21:26:08 CEST 2015

I've been looking in the man pages and can't find what I'm looking for.
I hope I'm just looking with my eyes closed.

Some applications (ISC BIND is one that comes to mind) provide a dry-run
or syntax-checking function for their config and data files. For BIND, I
can run named-checkconf to test the syntax of the application
configuration files. I also have named-checkzone which will confirm a
zone file passes muster.

Is there such a function available for the Xymon tasks or hosts?

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Enterprise Technology Services
Department of Administration