[Xymon] Xymon prominently displayed in "Weather Channel" TV commercials in CT, USA

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Apr 15 15:44:07 CEST 2015

Den 2015-04-15 15:33, Mark Felder skrev:
> On Tue, Apr 14, 2015, at 20:53, Bill Arlofski wrote:
>> Saw a Weather Channel commercial the other and when they display
>> their
>> NOC and
>> pan around, there is a screen in the middle of the room clearly
>> displaying
>> what appears to be a Xymon "nongreen.html" page, and another much
>> larger
>> one
>> on the NOC's main video wall.
>>
>> Wondering if anyone else has noticed this, or if it is not even
>> Xymon. :)
>>
>> Cheers!
>>

> It's possible it's Big Brother which still looks similar last time I
> checked. Try and get a screen grab and post it! :-)

I received links to a couple of these ads on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmGQAGB-CyA at the 0:25 mark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz-C_7HlNiQ at the 0:18 mark

Two reasons why I think it is Xymon and not Big Brother:

1) Looks like the red/yellow/green icons are round (status recently
changed). This is a Xymon feature.
2) The non-green display appears to have two vertical columns that are
entirely green. These would be the Xymon "info" and "trends" columns -
again this is a Xymon feature.