[Xymon] Monitoring HP Blade Enclosures

J.C. Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Fri Apr 3 08:56:49 CEST 2015

On Thu, April 2, 2015 12:42 am, Colin Coe wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Just trying to save myself some time and effort...
>
> Is anyone monitoring HP C7000 blade enclosures?  Specifically, I want
> to monitor the power supplies and graph the amount of power they're
> each putting into the enclosure.
>
> Thanks

For something like this, it might be useful to use an existing project for
the logic, and then parse it into a xymon-style message + graph
afterwards.

We did something similar with the check_openmanage Nagios script for our
Dell OMSA check (although we haven't gotten around to graphing things
yet), and it looks like the same author for that has one for HP blade
chassises also:

http://folk.uio.no/trondham/software/check_hp_bladechassis.html

Might be a fruitful place to start.

HTH,