[Xymon] MSGS logs

Blake scuba.blake at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 21:44:13 CEST 2014

Greetings Xymon community,

A few questions about xymon reading log files.
1. Can multiple log files be read or is it limited to one file? (my cfg
below)

client-local.cfg
[aquila.linux]
log:/var/log/application/catalina.out:10240
trigger OutOfMemoryError
log:/var/log/application2/catalina.out:10240
trigger OutOfMemoryError
log:/var/log/application3/catlaina.out:10240
trigger OutOfMemoryError

2. Any reason a symbolic link to a log file would not work but a direct
link works other than file permissions?
3. I have one host which is failing to send desired logs, based on the
client data what is the correct host to use?

Client_data

[collector:]
client aquila.linux linux
[date]
Mon Sep 29 13:39:49 MDT 2014
[uname]
Linux aquila 3.2.0-60-generic x86_64

4. Other than the jmxstat method any other options to monitor tomcat
servers?

Thanks for the help