[Xymon] 'Shell shock' mitigation

Michael Short mshort at corelogic.com
Sat Sep 27 02:53:32 CEST 2014

Red hat has an updated bash rpm out for RHEL6.
And the GNU sites make available the bash source code for 4.3 plus the patch to apply.
I used both on a large number of systems yesterday, without reboots and without problems.
Both verified using Nessus security scans.  Could you use those instead of relying on dash?