[Xymon] disabling alerts

Novosielski, Ryan novosirj at ca.rutgers.edu
Sat Sep 20 17:37:39 CEST 2014

I think you need to spend a little bit more time with the documentation. But, I can tell you that the use of the exclamation point, for the tests where it works (I don't believe all of the ones that you have their support it) reverses the test, e.g., I use it, for example, for when FTP is up, because I want it to be down.

If you want a test temporarily disabled, use the enable/disable interface. If you just don't want alerts, just don't define alert. The place where you're making this change doesn't have any affect on alerts. There is a separate file for that.

____ *Note: UMDNJ is now Rutgers-Biomedical and Health Sciences*
||_// Biomedical | Ryan Novosielski - Senior Technologist
|| \\ and Health | novosirj at rutgers.edu<mailto:novosirj at rutgers.edu>- 973/972.0922 (2x0922)
||  \\  Sciences | OIRT/High Perf & Res Comp - MSB C630, Newark
    `'