[Xymon] Several yellow alerts on nongreen.html page, acknowledge alerts lists none

Bill Arlofski waa-hobbitml at revpol.com
Wed Sep 17 17:42:57 CEST 2014

On 09/17/14 11:25, Ryan Skadberg wrote:
> I've seen this before, it appears to happen because the acknowledge page will
> only see systems that are in your current "scope" (not sure how else to
> describe this).  Basically, if you went from a subpage to the nongreen page,
> you will be in the "scope" of the subpage.  The way to fix is to go out to the
> main page and then look at the acknowledge page, it should then show the
> machines you need to ack.

Ryan!

Thank you!

Yes, I can confirm that going back to main page, then Administration -->
Acknowledge alerts does indeed show all alerts in the form.

This seems to (invisibly) remember the lowest down in the tree you have
recently been (as you call scope)  and even if you come "up" to the
nongreen.html page going to the Acknowledge page remembers the most recent
lowest test page you visited...

Interesting...

A bug?

Bill