[Xymon] test ssh domain name instead of IP

Tres Finocchiaro tres.finocchiaro at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 16:45:25 CEST 2014

We successfully use resolv.conf.  It works well for resolving some
important virtual machines that are registered with DNS but IPs may change.
 Xymon works well with this.  Too well in some cases as Xymon seems to
resolve hostname first. We quickly found incorrect DNS records when they
showed as red but were in fact green.

search mydomain.suffix

- Tres.Finocchiaro at gmail.com