[Xymon] Where to put client extension state files?

Steve Coile scoile at mcclatchyinteractive.com
Wed Sep 17 15:25:14 CEST 2014

I've written a script that will review a log file and produce some metrics.
 I want the state of the script to be persistent across reboots.  I'm leary
of using /tmp, /var/tmp, or $XYMONTMP (which on our install is /tmp)
because those locations are easy to hijack, and therefore not safe for
anything with a predictable name.

It sounds like, from the two responses I've gotten (thanks!), there is not
an explicitly appropriate location for my use, but that $XYMONTMP and/or
$XYMONCLIENTLOGS might be the best candidates, if just because they're the
only writable locations in the install.

Thanks!

--

*Steve Coile*Senior Network and Systems Engineer, McClatchy Interactive
<http://www.mcclatchyinteractive.com/>