[Xymon] msgs not matching

usa ims usaims at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 11 14:04:26 CEST 2014

On my xymon 4.3.7 I also modified the client-local.cfg.

The client-local.cfg file contains settings that are used by each Xymon client when it runs on a monitored host. It provides a convenient way of configuring clients from a central location without having to setup special configuration maintenance tools on all clients.

The client-local.cfg file is currently used to configure what logfiles the client should fetch data from, to be used as the basis for the "msgs" status column; and to configure which files and directories are being monitored in the "files" status column.

Note that there is a dependency between the client-local.cfg file and the anaysis.cfg(5) file. When monitoring e.g. a logfile, you must first enter it into the client-local.cfg file, to trigger the Xymon client into reporting any data about the logfile. Next, you must configure analysis.cfg so the Xymon server knows what to look for in the file data sent by the client. So: client-local.cfg defines what raw data is collected by the client, and analysis.cfg defines how to analyze them.