[Xymon] leaking memory, alerts.cfg problems

Root, Paul T Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Wed Sep 10 17:37:53 CEST 2014

From: Xymon [mailto:xymon-bounces at xymon.com] On Behalf Of Tres Finocchiaro
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2014 10:22 AM
To: Ribeiro, Glauber
Cc: xymon at xymon.com
Subject: Re: [Xymon] leaking memory, alerts.cfg problems

But I get this:
2014-09-10 11:14:01 Using default environment file /usr/lib/xymon/client/etc/xymonserver.cfg
2014-09-10 11:14:01 execvp() failed: No such file or directory

This is a problem. Xymoncmd couldn’t find xymon_alert. So it’s not in your path, you need to give the full path.

I assume xymon doesn't stop sending alerts after a timeout period, right?  We chose to use the SSH service since it doesn't affect our environment.  We can add a fake hostname/ip as well.  I fear may have something misconfigured since alerts won't go through at all.

No. xymon sends alerts by what you define for it to send. There are no alerts by default.

-Tres