[Xymon] leaking memory, alerts.cfg problems

Tres Finocchiaro tres.finocchiaro at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 16:59:22 CEST 2014

@Ribeiro,

Thanks kindly for the reply.  Please see my responses below.

> Maybe I’m confused, but what’s the point of using NOCOLUMMS for something
> that’s not one of the statuses that is sent by the client?

I agree.  I mentioned in my second post that I ran the "drop" statement per
instructions.  I've done this several time, but telnet keeps coming back.
 Hiding it using NOCOLUMNS is the only way to keep the page from going
purple.

> If you want to omit telnet, simply don’t list it in hosts.cfg for the host.

As aforementioned, we don't list in in hosts.cfg, we list # ssh instead.
 I'm not sure why it keeps coming back.

> If you want to drop an existing column, look into “Tips and Tricks” under
> the Help menu, and navigate to “How do I delete a test status?”.

As aforementioned, we did this.

> NOCOLUMNS is for something that the client will continue to send, and you
> can’t turn off, but don’t want to display.

Since the client is a switch, I'm not sure we have the ability to alter
anything from the "send" side of the fence.  Let me know if this assumption
is incorrect.

@Carl,

I just saw your reply come in.  I'll try your recommendations now.

-Tres

- Tres.Finocchiaro at gmail.com