[Xymon] FreeBSD hobbit client has wrong path to log file

Kris Springer kspringer at innovateteam.com
Tue Sep 9 02:16:58 CEST 2014

I've got a hobbit client that I installed from a FreeBSD Package running
on a pfSense firewall.  It's working fine other than it trying to read
/var/log/messages instead of /var/log/system.log.  I can't seem to
figure out how to define the log file.  In the client
/xymon/client/etc/hobbitclient.cfg I've set the CONFIGCLASS definition
to "darwin" which is the only ostype that has the system.log type file
(listed on the server in /xymon/server/etc/client-local.cfg).  I restart
the hobbit service on the client and wait a bit.  The web page on my
server says it's looking in /var/log/messages but it finds no entries
(because duh, there isn't a file with that name).

Where do I define the log file path in the client configs?  Or can I
define it in the server's hosts.cfg file?
Signature - Kris

Thank you.

Kris Springer