[Xymon] Returning configuration information to the clients

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Mon Oct 27 07:20:27 CET 2014

On 24 October 2014 04:56, Gregory J. DeCecco <turranx at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Can someone tell me what should be happening and how to simulate it?

Just for demonstration purposes, this is what it looks like on a UNIX
client:

$ xymon $XYMSRV "client name-of-server.example.com.linux linux"
log:/var/og/messages:10240

Typically, my "client" message would also contain a bunch of client data,
but in this case, I've left it out for clarity.  Once a client message is
sent, the server waits for the client to shutdown the transmit side of the
socket, and then it sends the relevant section of client-local.cfg that
matches the OS name, client class, or if present, the hostname.

HTH

Cheers
Jeremy