[Xymon] alarms and recoveries

Attila Papai screin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 03:04:21 CEST 2014

Hi,

I'd like to ask your help, what would suggest to my situation. I'm trying
to set up xymon to send alarms to netcool.

HOST=%wmail.*.xyz.net COLOR=red,yellow,purple EXSERVICE=ports,procs,msgs
        SCRIPT /etc/xymon/send_alarm.sh "WMAIL" FORMAT=plain RECOVERED

When disk is getting full, it sends a warning at warning level. Then i was
decreasing free space, it hit the PANIC level, alarm became critical. Then
I made some space, to clear the alarms and lets see what happens. When it
recovered, I only got recovery for critical alarm, but for the netcool, I
need to send a recovery also to the WARNING alarm. Is this possible to do
this by default, or I need to develop a script for it? Like when sending
recovery to CRITICAL, send a recovery also to the MAJOR alarm?

Thanks!