[Xymon] Hobbit Server Overload Due To Windows Event Logs

Claessens Jurgen Jurgen.Claessens at cegeka.be
Wed Oct 22 09:01:34 CEST 2014

Hi Scott,

Open your config file with a text editor that support html layout, like notepad++. This makes it easier for editing.
Make comment from the entire section.
<!-- <msgs>

<\msgs> -->
Check if the entire section is now set as comment. As an additional check, you can verify in the eventlog if the service has restarted ok.

Regards
Jurgen Claessens