[Xymon] Alerts Mail Problem

J.C. Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Tue Oct 21 23:11:51 CEST 2014

On Tue, October 21, 2014 1:36 am, Stephen Wong wrote:
> Dear Xymon,
>
> Thanks for your open source licensed software,,i have a trouble configure
> on the e-mail alert, i had add the mail and following the example, but i
> cannot get the alerts mail....would u pls help to solve the problem.
>
> /home/xymon/server/etc/alerts.cfg
>
> HOST=HomePC1
>          MAIL stephenwong1015 at gmail.com SERVICE=rdp REPEAT=1h
> HOST=HomePC2
>          MAIL stephenwong1015 at gmail.com SERVICE=rdp DURATION>5 COLOR=red
>
> Thanks and Regards
> Stephen

Stephen,

That syntax I *think* should work, but might normally be written:

HOST=HomePC2 SERVICE=rdp COLOR=red
     MAIL stephenwong1015 at gmail.com DURATION>5

If neither works, you might want to check the $MAIL variable, making sure
/bin/mailx (or whatever it's set to) is working. Also, proper working of
your local mailer, etc....

HTH,

-jc