[Xymon] function run_command in ../lib/run.c assumes sh but uses any $SHELL

Tracy Di Marco White gendalia at iastate.edu
Fri Oct 17 06:16:11 CEST 2014

If I restart xymon while using tcsh, for example, suddenly my ntp test
breaks, because:
===
red  Thu Oct 16 22:39:47 2014 ntp NOT ok

Service ntp on <elided> is not OK : Service unavailable

Command: ntpdate -u -q -p 2 <elided> 2>&1

1: Permission denied.
===

/var/log/xymon/1, of course, is confused about the value of 2, because it
can write there sometimes, which is also interesting. For the moment, I've
hard coded 'export SHELL=/bin/sh' in the startup script for xymon, but the
assumption shouldn't be made that $SHELL is a /bin/sh derivative.

-Tracy