[Xymon] xymonnet - fatal signal caught

Wallace Barrow incin at incin.me
Tue Oct 14 18:21:14 CEST 2014

Hello,

This is my first post to the mailing list and I was hoping to get some
help with an issue I am having.

My xymon server has been running great with no issues for months,
version xymon-server-4.3.17_3 on FreeBSD10.

This morning xymonnet has crashed. Here is the output from the
xymonlaunch.log file:

06:45:07 Task xymonnet terminated by signal 6
06:50:11 Task xymonnet terminated by signal 6
06:55:11 Task xymonnet terminated by signal 6
7:00:12 Task xymonnet terminated by signal 6
07:05:13 Task xymonnet terminated by signal 6
7:10:14 Task xymonnet terminated by signal 6
07:20:16 Task xymonnet terminated by signal 6

Server was rebooted:

07:26:48 xymonlaunch starting
07:26:49 Setting up network listener on 0.0.0.0:1984
07:26:49 Setting up signal handlers
7:26:49 Setting up xymond channels
07:26:49 Setting up logfiles
07:31:02 Task xymonnet terminated by signal 6
07:36:04 Task xymonnet terminated by signal 6
7:41:09 Task xymonnet terminated by signal 6
7:46:11 Task xymonnet terminated by signal 6

Before it started crashing there were no changes (in xymon config files)
or updates made. We add new hosts and checks every few days.

I checked the other logs for xymon and things looks ok. Other areas of
xymon work as well.

Maybe I am over looking a log file and missing something obvious of why
it keeps crashing. Any thoughts on where to look next?

Thank you,