[Xymon] Xymon pull client data setup

Blake scuba.blake at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 20:17:30 CEST 2014

After getting the "piss off" response from security in regards to
monitoring systems in the DMZ I need to configure about two dozen systems
for pull vs the standard push.

While I have gone through the documentation I am still having a few issues
and needed some help.

*Server Changes
=>updated server/etc/tasks.cfg

[xymonfetch]
        ENABLED
        ENVFILE /app/xymon/server/etc/xymonserver.cfg
        CMD $XYMONHOME/bin/xymonfetch --server=10.1.1.73 --no-daemon
--pidfile=$XYMONSERVERLOGS/xymonfetch.pid --interval=60 --log-interval=600
--debug
        LOGFILE $XYMONSERVERLOGS/xymonfetch.log

*Client Changes
=>updated server/etc/clientlaunch.cfg

[msgcache]
        ENABLED
        ENVFILE $XYMONCLIENTHOME/etc/xymonclient.cfg
        CMD $XYMONCLIENTHOME/bin/msgcache --no-daemon
--pidfile=$XYMONCLIENTLOGS/msgcache.pid --debug
--logfile=$XYMONCLIENTLOGS/msgcachedaemon.log --max-age=1200
        LOGFILE $XYMONCLIENTLOGS/msgcache.log

# The main client task
[client]
        ENVFILE $XYMONCLIENTHOME/etc/xymonclient.cfg
        CMD $XYMONCLIENTHOME/bin/xymonclient.sh
        LOGFILE $XYMONCLIENTLOGS/xymonclient.log
        INTERVAL 5m

=>updated server/etc/xymonclient.cfg
XYMSRV="127.0.0.1"

Any help to get this working is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Blake