[Xymon] Fwd: Re: How to handle SSL Cert Clients with same hostname reporting to xymon

Jacob Paul Jordan paul at shadowsoft.com
Thu Nov 13 05:37:02 CET 2014

I replied to zep instead of forum.
Paul

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [Xymon] How to handle SSL Cert Clients with same hostname
reporting to xymon
Date: 	Wed, 12 Nov 2014 22:29:55 -0600
From: 	Jacob Paul Jordan <paul at shadowsoft.com>
To: 	zep <zgreenfelder at gmail.com>

the ssl certs are tied to the hostname of the machine (not apache)
apparently.  Also are you talking about the bbhosts file for the config.
I currently the following hosts that need to be changed to
login.publicdata.com as they will have the same ssl cert
The current client name is the hostname of the machine.  All four need
to be login.publicdata.com.  But if I do that, the certs work but xymon
gets very grumpy and quits reporting data for any of them.

192.168.142.104 www4            # testiphttp://192.168.142.104  CLIENT:104SHADOW apache=http://192.168.142.104/server-status?auto
192.168.142.105 www5            # testiphttp://192.168.142.105  CLIENT:105SHADOW apache=http://192.168.142.105/server-status?auto
192.168.142.106 www6            # testiphttp://192.168.142.106  CLIENT:106SHADOW apache=http://192.168.142.106/server-status?auto
192.168.142.117 login           # testiphttp://192.168.142.117  CLIENT:login.publicdata.com apache=http://192.168.142.117/server-status?auto