[Xymon] nginx as the web server

Bill Arlofski waa-hobbitml at revpol.com
Tue Nov 11 03:50:55 CET 2014

On 11/10/2014 10:52 AM, Mark Felder wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 18, 2013, at 11:40, Asif Iqbal wrote:
>> On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 1:53 PM, Mark Felder <feld at feld.me> wrote:
>>
>>> symlink solution was a hack that probably could have been avoided.
>>

>> Any suggestion on how to avoid that symlink?
>>

> I finally got around to figuring out Nginx + Xymon. You have to make
> some changes due to the way Nginx handles fastcgi variables when aliases
> are used.
>
> http://blog.feld.me/posts/2014/11/setting-up-xymon-with-nginx/

Hi Mark

I ran across an issue when using http basic_auth for the CGI stuff,  the
username was not being pasted to the CGI.

So for example, when I disabled a test, clicking on a blue icon would show:

Disabled by: unknown @ 192.168.1.1

Turns out I had to add a line:

fastcgi_param REMOTE_USER $remote_user;

To the configuration.  Hope this helps someone else. (Thanks Matt)

I still can not get the Critical Systems editor CGI to work under nginx though.

Bill

--
Bill Arlofski
Reverse Polarity, LLC