[Xymon] XymonPSclient

Phil Crooker Phil.Crooker at orix.com.au
Wed Nov 5 00:25:15 CET 2014

I don't know the PS client at all, but if you consider that the client is accessing quite a bit of system info, including event logs I presume, and considering how poorly PS performs (compared to Linux/Unix equivalents - I know, they aren't equivalent, but...), the CPU use is not surprising. We have had the same issue with BBWin (on virtual machines) - the systems became actually unresponsive for brief periods when BBWin was collecting its data - and had to add a second CPU. These montiors do collect a lot.

BBWin is a dinosaur but it mostly gets the (simple monitoring) job done. We still have to look out for when it mysteriously dies on win 2012 and restart it - no fix for this as I understand.