[Xymon] XymonPSclient

Scot Kreienkamp SKreien at la-z-boy.com
Mon Nov 3 22:12:09 CET 2014

Hey everyone,

I'm trying out the PS client again after using it 1-2 years ago and it causing too many problems.  I'm hoping the impact on the clients will have been lessened since I tried it last.

I have the PS client installed and configured, but I never show any connection to the xymon server while monitoring with tcpdump.  Also, I never get any files created in the temp directory.  Here's the dump of the config below:

PS C:\Xymon> .\xymonclient.ps1 config
XymonPSClient config:

servers      : xymon.internal.hq
loopinterval : 60
maxlogage    : 30
clientlower  : 1

Settable Params and values:
    clientbbwinmembug=1
    clientconfigfile=C:\Users\skreien\AppData\Local\Temp\xymonconfig.cfg
    clientfqdn=1
    clientlogfile=C:\Users\skreien\AppData\Local\Temp\xymonclient.log
    clientlower=1
    clientname=corpvskreien.na.lzb.hq
    clientremotecfgexec=0
    loopinterval=60
    maxlogage=30
    reportevt=1
    servers= xymon.internal.hq
    slowscanrate=72
    wanteddisks=3
    wantedlogs=Application System Security

The Xymon server is running as it is receiving messages from hundreds of other clients.  This is an internal only server so iptables is off, Windows firewall is off, and I can successfully telnet from the client to the Xymon server port so there is nothing standing in the way.

The server is Redhat 5.5, client is Win7.  Any ideas?

Scot Kreienkamp

This message is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain privileged, confidential information which is exempt from disclosure under applicable laws. If you are not the intended recipient, please note that you are strictly prohibited from disseminating or distributing this information (other than to the intended recipient) or copying this information. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail or by telephone at the above number. Thank you.