[Xymon] flushing rrd files - now possible via rrdcached

Martin Sperl Martin.Sperl at amdocs.com
Wed May 7 08:54:47 CEST 2014

There now exists a patch to rrdtool (which has already been merged) that allows xymon to work with the following config-changes:

[rrdcache]
        LOGFILE $XYMONSERVERLOGS/rrdcached.log
        NEEDS xymond
        CMD $RRD_BASE/bin/rrdcached -w 1800 -z 900 -f 1800 -l $XYMONVAR/rrdcached/rrdcached.socket -j $XYMONVAR/rrdcached -p $XYMONVAR/rrdcached/rrdcached.pid -g -l 0.0.0.0:41984 -b $XYMONVAR/ -B

[rrdstatus]
        CMD +--no-cache
[rrddata]
        CMD +--no-cache

And in the ENVFILE /etc/xymon/xymonserver.cfg add:
RRDCACHED_ADDRESS="127.0.0.1:41984"
RRDCACHED_STRIPPATH="$XYMONVAR"
# these are there to override the default rrd install location
# so that it uses the head build from rrdtool
RRD_BASE="/opt/rrdtool-1.4.999"
LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$RRD_BASE/lib/"

The patch to rrdtool: https://github.com/oetiker/rrdtool-1.x/pull/462 has already been incorporated with the main development branch, so I hope it will get into the next rrdtool-1.4 release.

Ciao,