[Xymon] Add block of text below graph?

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Fri Mar 28 05:09:21 CET 2014

On 26 March 2014 23:59, John Horne <john.horne at plymouth.ac.uk> wrote:

> However, is it possible to add a block of dynamic text below the graph
> (below the axis label)? We would like a small table showing the top ten
> sites that users have logged in to at that time. This could be plain
> text, but could be an HTML table. Is that possible?

It's open source, so anything is possible.  ;-)

Seeerously, though, all of the graph content is controlled by the graph
definition, which in turn tells rrdgraph how to make the graph.  So you can
put any text you like there (eg using COMMENT:text clause) and it will get
displayed.

But what you're trying to do requires dynamic text, which is a bit more of
a challenge.  So what you could do is to add "include my-graphs.cfg" at the
end of your graphs.cfg, and then you can dynamically re-create the
my-graphs.cfg file based on the data you want to include.