[Xymon] localclient and file monitoring

Dirk Kastens dirk.kastens at uni-osnabrueck.de
Thu Mar 27 11:36:31 CET 2014

Hi,

it seems that file monitoring is not working with clients that are
running in localmode (xymon-server 4.3.16).
The client-local.cfg doesn't exist in the client directory. Entries in
the server's client-local.cfg are ignored if the client is running in
localmode.
So, if I want to monitor files on a localmode client, I have to create
the file logfetch.<client>.cfg in the client's BBTMP directory and enter
the file: or log: entries there. Then file monitoring works.
Can you change the client code, so that a localmode client can use its
own client-local.cfg file?

Dirk