[Xymon] UDP open ports monitoring

Christian xymon at elysiria.fr
Sun Mar 16 13:42:56 CET 2014

Hi.

I would like to monitor UDP ports as TCP ports, with the client module,
and a display in the "ports" column. I don't understand why this module is
limited to TCP connections, and I would like to extend it to active UDP
connections.

Why does the client module run a "netstat -ant" command (file
"xymonclient-linux.sh")? Is there a reason not to add UDP connections as
well?

What would be the best solution? Clone the section and run a "netstat
-anu"? Patch the existing client and run "netstat -antu"? Another solution?

Thanks.

--
Christian