[Xymon] Another feature wish

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Mar 5 10:27:30 CET 2014

Den 2014-03-05 9:38, Becker Christian skrev:

> i'm asking if it
would be possible to implement a mechanism to generate a release info
for a monitored Linux / Unix client node.

> For example, that we
have the full real name of the operating system, for example on the Info
page.

> For one example out of my currently 101 Linux servers,
there's only a line saying simply "SUSE LINUX 11", but if I login to the
server and look into the file /etc/issue, I see that the OS relase is
"SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP3".

SUSE is handled a bit special,
and I am not really sure why. If you look at the xymonclient-linux.sh
script, then it does pick up some info from /etc/S?SE-release - but it
does an 'egrep' so it doesn't pick up the details like patchlevel.

On
top of that, the data on the "info" page truncates it so only the first
line of the data is shown - even if there are more lines in the client
data.

None of this is difficult to change, so I will do so - but you
will have to update the Xymon client script on your servers,
unfortunately.