[Xymon] Server TimeOut

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Tue Mar 4 23:57:46 CET 2014

On 3/4/2014 1:23 PM, Wilcox, Theodore A -FS wrote:
> We have several web sites we are monitoring.  The url for these pages is a login page.  All are alerting for "Server Timeout".  Is there a way to eliminate this alert and still check to see if the web page is available?

I don't understand your request. "Server Timeout" *is* telling you that
the web page isn't available. But maybe you can get what you want using
the "httpstatus" directive.

> httpstatus[=COLUMN];URL;okstatusexpr;notokstatusexpr
>     This is used to explicitly test for certain HTTP statuscodes returned when the URL is requested. The okstatusexpr and nokokstatusexpr expressions are Perl-compatible regular expressions, e.g. "2..|302" will match all OK codes and the redirect (302) status code. If the URL cannot be retrieved, the status is "999".

If okstatusexpr matched 999, 20X, and 30X, then it would remain green
when the page was not returned.

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Enterprise Technology Services