[Xymon] Nothing showing except CONN for one host

Bill Arlofski waa-hobbitml at revpol.com
Wed Jun 18 21:31:48 CEST 2014

On 06/18/14 13:48, Neal, Jonathan W wrote:
> I have a single host that won’t show anything but the CONN column on the
> display page for it.  It is running a client, but nothing is being
> populated on the server end.  I have many, many other clients installed,
> some in this same location and on the same network.  Normally this might
> be a short name vs FQDN name in bb-hosts, but I have both the short and
> fqdn in the file currently.  I am running an older version of Xymon 4.2
> still, but again no issue with other hosts.  Any other idea what might
> be causing the DISPLAY not to be populated?
>

> Thanks

Hi Johnathan,

You should check under Reports --> Ghost Clients to see if the system is
sending in reports under a different hostname, or different fqdn than
your bb-hosts is configured to be expecting.

If it is, you can do one of a couple things:

1. on the client, add a --hostname host.example.com  to the list that
starts your runclient.sh script and set host.example.com to whatever
FQDN you have in your bb-hosts file

2. On the client's line in bb-hosts add the CLIENT option and define it
as whatever the Ghost Client report shows it to be reporting as.

Other possibility is that there is a firewall (host based or otherwise)
blocking that one client from connecting to your server on port 1984/TCP

And final possibility is that the client is misconfigured and is trying
to send its reports to 127.0.0.1 or somewhere else.   Check the
~xymon/client/hobbitclient.cfg file (pretty sure that is what it was
called back then)

Hope this helps!

Bill

--