[Xymon] alert IGNORE question

Kevin VerMeer KVerMeer at peoplenetonline.com
Wed Jun 11 14:40:33 CEST 2014

I have one client that has a maintentance window every night.
I have two questions related to the IGNORE alert option.

1.      Is the time specified in the IGNORE the server time or the client time?

2.      The time I would like to ignore wraps around midnight.  Do I need two separate IGNORE statements for that?  Below are the pertinent lines in alert.cfg, and an error being generated to /var/log/xymon/alert.log

HOST=* SERVICE=linkthreads COLOR=red
## ignore linkthreads on 10144 for this duration
        IGNORE HOST=CCHWOOPNL TIME=2345:0245
        SCRIPT /usr/local/xymonutil/alertscripts/daemondown.sh internal REPEAT=15 RECOVERED

2014-06-11 07:41:38 Bad timespec (missing colon or no endtime): 2345:0245

Thanks,
Kevin VerMeer

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CF8537.E6D7C6B0]

4400 Baker Road, Minnetonka, MN 55343

TOLL FREE 888-346-3486 x 520  |  FAX 952-908-6131
www.peoplenetonline.com<http://www.peoplenetonline.com/>

PeopleNet is the leading provider of fleet mobility systems to the transportation industry, including truckload, LTL, private, and energy service fleets.