[Xymon] Why Xymon?

Thu Jun 5 01:00:23 CEST 2014

> Gore, David W (David) wrote:
>>

>> You guys should know that is not how it works with management types?
>>

>> Or to share what I know so far, they would respond because our
>> platform has a dedicated off shore support team and an on shore
>> development team.  And I could argue cost and they may say but our
>> platform supports many more teams outside of your own.
>>
>> Norbert made some good points on security that I can use in our
>> favor.  Thank you Norbert.
>>

>> And thank you Mark and Galen for providing feedback.

How about the dedicated (and free) development team that you have with
Xymon? Or the fact that your own dedicated off short support team and on
shore dev team can work on xymon to build/extend/improve/customise xymon
however you require. If you need your own car, do you start also have to
re-engineer the wheel, and the tyre, etc? or do you just take one that
someone else has made, and then apply your customisations (assuming your
company is not in the monitoring business, in which case, your business
probably demands enough USP's that you will need to build your own from
scratch).

In fact, that is probably the best thing to remember, most IT
departments exist to support "the business", they aren't supposed to be
inventing, building, and creating their own "things"....

Just my 0.02c, which probably won't help at all, but there it is.

Regards,
Adam

--
Adam Goryachev Website Managers www.websitemanagers.com.au