[Xymon] DDNS instead of IP in hosts.cfg

Gautier Begin gbegin at csc.com
Mon Jul 21 11:20:23 CEST 2014

Kris,

Just have look to the man page of xymonnet:

Note: xymonnet performs the connectivity test (ping) based on the
hostname, unless the host is tagged with "testip" or the "--dns=ip" option
is used. So the target of the connectivity test can be determined by your
/etc/hosts file or DNS.

Cordialement, Regards,Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Gautier BEGIN

CSC • This is a PRIVATE message. If you are not the intended recipient,
please delete without copying and kindly advise us by e-mail of the
mistake in delivery.  NOTE: Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not
operate to bind CSC to any order or other contract unless pursuant to
explicit written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting
the use of e-mail for such purpose
CSC Computer Sciences SAS • Registered Office: Immeuble Le Balzac, 10
Place des Vosges, 92072 Paris La Défense Cedex, France • Registered in
France: RCS Nanterre B 315 268 664