[Xymon] Openfiler

T.J. Yang tjyang2001 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 12:35:01 CET 2014

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 5:42 AM, SebA <spah at syntec.co.uk> wrote:

>  I compiled xymon-client on Openfiler to get the drbd client plug-in
> working.  However it was ages ago and I can't remember how I did it.  I
> know I created a xymon user, installed svn, checked-out xymon-trunk,
> installed a compiler and other build tools and compiled and installed the
> client.  I think some things were available from the Openfiler
> respositories and some I had to get from other similar rPath Linux
> repositories.  It was quite a work-up!  Let me know if you want to go down
> this route instead of xymon-rclient and I'll see if I can get further info.

Glad to know SebA has rPath/Conary experience.  I did some weekend research
on this subject and my notes is at URL below. I am more keen on using
native package management system approach and I don't know about conary.
But one of RPM original author invented conary caught my attention. It
looks very much like IPS Solaris 11.  Also SAS acquire rPath/OpneFiler, not
sure about its future.  There is not much public information about SAS and
rPath. I have to learn conary from foresight linux.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IOo3RXuFcJKDkjc103zUW89xG9_STe4nuhWLyTgCXbU/edit

tj

> Kind regards,
>
> SebA