[Xymon] Missing trends graph

W.J.M. Nelis Wim.Nelis at nlr.nl
Mon Jan 20 15:00:00 CET 2014

Hello,

recently I wrote:

> Yesterday I've added a custom (server side) script to extract and show
> some statistics of a Windows DNS server, which uses "trends" message to
> inform Xymon version 4.3.13. Everything seems to work, only the graph
> with the statistics is not shown in test "trends".
>
> The RRD file is build and if in the URL of an arbitrary graph in
> "trends" the service is replaced by the name of the new test, which is
> wdnsstats, the expected graph is displayed. The name of the test is
> mentioned in both TEST2RRD and GRAPHS in file xymonserver.cfg, and a
> "TRENDS:*,wdnsstats" tag is specified for the host.
>
> Strangely enough, there is another custom test (showing the DNS
> statistics of a BIND server) which works in the same way, which is
> configured in the same way and whose graph is shown in in test
> "trends".
>
> What can be done to get the new custom graph to show up in "trends"?

I found the answer to my question.

It turns out that the name of the RRD with the "wdnsstats" data should be
"wdnsstats.rrd". After changing the names of the RRDs, their content is
shown in the "trends" test.

Regards,
   Wim Nelis.

The NLR disclaimer is valid for NLR e-mail messages.

This message is only meant for providing information. Nothing in this e-mail message amounts to a contractual
or legal commitment on the part of the sender.
This message may contain information that is not intended for you. If you are not the addressee or if this
message was sent to you by mistake, you are requested to inform the sender and delete the message.
Sender accepts no liability for damage of any kind resulting from the risks inherent in the electronic
transmission of messages.