[Xymon] empty ack directory

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Sun Jan 19 22:47:50 CET 2014

Den 17-01-2014 15:18, Aurélien Bras skrev:
> When I make acknowledge, the directory /var/lib/xymon/acks/ stay empty.
> It seems to be working and alert are correctly acked from the interface,
> but if I restart Xymon I lost all ack data.
>
> Others directory have never been update, since server is in production
> (more than 1 year) :
>
> /var/lib/xymon/logs
> /var/lib/xymon/disabled
> /var/lib/xymon/data

Those directories only exist for backwards compatibility with the old
"Big Brother" system which Xymon grew out of. They will be updated if
you enable the xymond_filestore module, but there is no reason to do so
unless you have some really old Big Brother specific add-on that relies
on data in these directories.

Restarting Xymon should keep you acknowledge data, though. Xymon stores
the current state (including the ack-data) in the server/tmp/xymond.chk
file, so unless you deleted that file then it should pick up your ack-data.