[Xymon] xymonproxy perf issue

Gautier Begin gbegin at csc.com
Fri Jan 17 16:14:11 CET 2014

Hello,

Could it comes from how the xymonproxy program handles the MACHINE
variable ?

I say that because when the process becomes nuts, he makes only 'gettimer'
action. Then I have a look in the source file and found this line (line
452) that could correspond:

if (proxyname && ((now = gettimer()) >= (laststatus+300))) {

proxyname comes from $MACHINE

Cordialement, Regards,Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Gautier BEGIN

CSC Computer Sciences SAS • Registered Office: Immeuble Le Balzac, 10
Place des Vosges, 92072 Paris La Défense Cedex, France • Registered in
France: RCS Nanterre B 315 268 664