[Xymon] inode test fails after change in showgraph

W.J.M. Nelis Wim.Nelis at nlr.nl
Thu Jan 9 10:12:54 CET 2014

Hello Henrik,

> Den 09.01.2014 07:55, W.J.M. Nelis skrev:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Yesterday Xymon server, version 4.3.12, stopped performing the test
>> inode, after a change in program showgraph.cgi.
> [...]
>> Are there more things I can do (check,restore) to get the inode test
>> operational again?
>
> If you look at the client data (follow link from any detailed status
> page), is there an "[inode]" section listed there with the necessary data?
Yes, I forgot to mention that in the previous e-mail. However, this is
*not* true for one server, the xymon server itself! All other clients still
do send data, including a [inode] section. None of the modules in
~xymon/client/bin is changed yesterday, but the configuration files in
~xymon/client/etc have been changed. (As it took two runs to get the
showgraph-patch working, the *.cfg.bak files are identical to *.cfg files.)

> It is the xymond_client module that generates the inode status, not
> xymond_rrd or showgraph.cgi. So if that binary is unchanged, then I don't
> really understand why it would stop generating an inode status.
>
> Are there any notices in xymond.log (or the xymond status page) of status
> messages being dropped, e.g. from ghost clients?
No, there are no messages about dropped status messages in xymond.log. The
history of xymond status contains only messages about unrelated problems.

> I suppose the other status messages (cpu, disk, memory etc) are still
> working fine?
Yes, those tests are working fine.

Regards,
   Wim Nelis.

The NLR disclaimer is valid for NLR e-mail messages.

This message is only meant for providing information. Nothing in this e-mail message amounts to a contractual
or legal commitment on the part of the sender.
This message may contain information that is not intended for you. If you are not the addressee or if this
message was sent to you by mistake, you are requested to inform the sender and delete the message.
Sender accepts no liability for damage of any kind resulting from the risks inherent in the electronic
transmission of messages.