[Xymon] test a url: http://servername:758:/mobile

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Feb 13 06:52:53 CET 2014

Den 13-02-2014 06:36, Jesper Jensen skrev:

> I’m trying to setup a url test up i Xymon host.cfg
>
> It has to monitor two url’s on the same website
>
> 1). http://servername:758
> 2). http://servername:758/Mobile

No problem, you just put both URL's on the same line in hosts.cfg. Like.

10.0.0.1  server0  # http://servername:758/ http://servername:758/Mobile

> We are running Xymon ver. 4.3.12.

OK, that one should work fine.

> Error:  we get timeouts like this (servername is not the correct name)

Sounds like your website is a bit slow to respond, then. The default
timeout for network tests is 10 seconds - this is a global setting, you
add a "--timeout=30" option to xymonnet in tasks.cfg to change it.