[Xymon] small bug, problem with build (since 4.3.13 ?)

henrik at hswn.dk henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Feb 12 15:17:30 CET 2014

Den 2014-02-12 10:33, Sergey skrev:
> Hello.
>
> xymon/build/Makefile.rules contains
> find $(INSTALLROOT)$(INSTALLWWWDIR) -type f -print0 | xargs -0 chmod
> 644
>
> what about to change it ? For example to
> find $(INSTALLROOT)$(INSTALLWWWDIR) -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \;
>
> Some time $(INSTALLWWWDIR) may be empty. Building brake at this case:

I don't quite understand how this can be. The $(INSTALLWWWDIR)
directory should always have some files in it - e.g. the gifs and help
files that get installed prior to the line that breaks.

> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/builder/RPM/BUILD/xymon-4.3.13/web'
> find /home/builder/tmp-build/xymon-buildroot/var/www/xymon -type f
> -print0 | xargs -0 chmod 644
> chmod: missing operand after `644'
> Try `chmod --help' for more information.

Here it seems like you are building an RPM package. Are you sure this
isn't caused by some error in the spec-file ?