[Xymon] Multiple schedules for DOWNTIME not displaying in info

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Tue Feb 11 17:41:18 CET 2014

I've got a server for which I want 2 different DOWNTIME schedules...one
for "cpu" and one for "procs".

The example on the hosts.cfg man page
(http://www.xymon.com/xymon/help/manpages/man5/hosts.cfg.5.html) indicates
that the proper syntax for DOWNTIME is:

DOWNTIME=columns:day:starttime:endtime:cause[,columns:day:starttime:endtime:cause]

Following that example, I've set it up like so:

<ip address>   <hostname> # OS:aix disk,files,cpu,memory,msgs,ports,procs
NOCOLUMNS:inode DOWNTIME=procs:*:2159:0030:"Nightly dwmain and dwstage
database backups",cpu:*:0000:2359:"CPU Utilization due to daily jobs"

But when I go to the info page, I see:

Planned downtime:	All days:2159:0030 (status:procs) (cause:Nightly dwmain
and dwstage database backups)

and at the bottom:

Other tags:	OS:aix disk,files,cpu,memory,msgs,ports,procs NOCOLUMNS:inode
,cpu:*:0000:2359:CPU Utilization due to daily jobs

Should I not see both parts of the DOWNTIME line in the "Planned downtime"
area on the client's info page? I've noticed this behavior in both 4.3.15
and 4.3.16 (I'm only trying to add this multi-schedule for the first time,
today).
--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

"It's always suicide-mission this, save-the-planet that. No one ever just
stops by to say 'hi' anymore." --Colonel Jack O'Neill, SG1