[Xymon] (DTS) New installation of Xymon on CentOS 6.5 64 bit on Dell T105 server

Tom Schmitt dtsmon at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 16:23:07 CET 2014

I have loaded a clean CentOS 6.5 on my Dell T-105 64-bit server.
I have downloaded Xymon 4.3.15 to test with.
I created user xymon and group xymon on the system.
I install the system in /home/xymon on the server:
    ./configure
     All the defaults except that apache is run by apache not nobody

    make
    make install

I copy over the init.d script and edit the path to /home/xymon
I copy over the xymon-apache.conf file to /etc/httpd/conf.d directory
I get:
Not Found

The requested URL /xymon was not found on this server.
------------------------------
Apache/2.2.15 (CentOS) Server at 192.168.200.151 Port 80

I added the "include /etc/httpd/conf.d/xymon-apache.conf" to the end of
httpd.cof/etc/init.d/httpd reload    or  restartbut still the same problemI
remove the xymon-apache.conf file and add the information to the bottom of
the httpd.conf filestill the same problemI did a chmod for the entire xymon
path from /home /home/xymon etc to 777 rwxrwxrwsto see if the screen would
come upI still cannot get the xymon main screen to come upI even added the
Allow from 127.0.0.1    Satisfy Any to the end of the last section from the
Kaltura CE V5.0 online documentationSame problem
I did also try just for kicks:    1.  Added the bash shell to apache entry
in /etc/passwd    2.  Installed xymon in /var/www which is the home
directory for apache    3.  I could bring up the main screen with http://
<server-ip>/xymon    4.  but when you clicked on any of the icons, they
could not find the screen to bring up
I have been using the 4.3.0-0 beta release for 4 years with very little
problems but now I wish to create a latest and greatest version so that I
can port all my custom scripting.  At my old employer I monitored over
1,200 devices on a Dell Server.I wanted to allow some of the routines that
I have created to be shared but I cannot bring up my own server to test and
upgrade the scripts.
I am at a loss at this point!Please let me know where there is a complete
installation HOW-TO for CentOS  6.5 for Xymon.
Your assistance is greatly appreciated!!!!Thank You,TomSin Union KY